Sunday, January 2, 2011

blank

I think the thing I've found so difficult about writing daily throughout my life is the intimidation of a new journal. The crisp, blank white pages, unsullied by silly ponderings or the same habitual scribbles that have found their way onto binder margins since I was twelve. What if the first few musings aren't epic enough? How did I think I could actually fill this book with thoughts from my head? Can I possibly get everything down onto paper with as fast s my thoughts are flying? I've known so many people who write that are giddy with the anticipation of a Brand. New. Journal. They speak of the possibilities that could eventually find their way to be bound between two pieces of leather.

It seems as though the same feeling of intimidation can be applied to a brand new blog.

I keep telling myself that here in Digital Land, I don't need to be intimidated by the feeling of needing to fill anything! I can stop whenever I want and not worry about feeling like i haven't "completed" something because it's done when I'm done. But the feeling still lingers a bit. The "title" bar lays empty, it's blinking cursor proving my insecurities true.

But maybe this time I'll actually do it. Maybe...

So even though I find myself repelled by the idea of resolutions, let January 1st, 2011 be the beginning and leave the worrying of the "end" to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment